10 Powerful Ways to Drive Traffic to Your Website
You need more website traffic:
In the movie Field of Dreams, an ethereal voice tells Kevin Costner that if he builds a baseball field, people will come to it. Unfortunately, the same is not true of your website. Just because you build it doesn’t mean people will come. Having a website doesn’t guarantee that people will visit it.
It’s crucial to create a proven strategy to get more web traffic, with tested methods for generating a steady stream of website visitors. You need tactics and hacks for getting people to visit your site and engage with your content.
The more people come to your website, the more people become aware of the great content you create. The more people become aware of your great content, the more you become known as an industry expert and thought leader. And the more you’re known as an industry expert, the more people will come to you for help.
Of course, all this raises the question: how do you get more website traffic? Luckily, here you’ll discover 10 proven strategies for getting hundreds, if not thousands, of website visitors.
It’s important to avoid jumping from strategy to strategy without giving much time to each one. Each of these strategies requires significant time and effort to execute properly. Work is required if you want to see results.
Have a long-haul mentality when thinking about getting traffic to your website. As you stack one strategy on top of another, you’ll begin to see compounding results.
Traffic Strategy #1: Create Amazing, Share-Worthy Content
● If you want people to come to your website, you need to give them a reason to come. You need to create awesome content that attracts people and that they feel compelled to share with others. If you simply post short, uninspired articles, you’re not giving people much reason to come to your site or share your content.
● For your best results, consider how you’re going to stand out from the crowd. How can you create content in a way that differentiates you from everyone else?
● The best way to stand out from the crowd is to create highly valuable, in-depth content. Content that answers people’s questions and speaks to their pain points. Content that addresses a subject on a much deeper level than anything else out there.
● When creating content, ask yourself these questions:
○ Would I want to read this content?
○ Does this add value to my readers?
○ Is this share-worthy?
○ Is this different from all the other content that’s being produced?
○ Does this content answer the reader’s questions?
○ Does it speak the reader’s pain points?
● If you create great content, the rest of your promotional tactics become that much easier. Your content will practically promote itself when people see how valuable it is. People want to share content that is valuable and if you create valuable content, others will promote it for you.
To download all 10 Strategies, go to The Skill Market and select Digital Products under the Business Resources menu.